Monday, September 30, 2013

PF Changs Lettuce Wraps: the 'F' stands for "Faux"

Like I said before, I've been on this huge ground beef kick. Regardless, I have a shit ton of asian cuisine staples thanks to my forays into stir fry and my one failed attempt at making sushi (don't ask - it was almost as bad as my French toast). I drew inspiration for these from Skinny Kitchen's Chicken version of these, but basically used what I have in my pantry and vegetables that I didn't want to go to waste. They were awesomely delicious and Chuckles surprisingly didn't bitch about the vegetables after he stopped complaining long enough to take a bite.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 head of lettuce (we used iceburg because it was cheap and on sale)
  • 1 head of garlic, roughly chopped
  • 1 bag of baby carrots, chopped into small-ish "discs"
  • handful of green onions (I have some sitting on a windowsill in our kitchen and they seem to grow out of control once per week, so I always have to devise some way to use them up)
  • a squirt or five of Sriracha
  • handful of sliced mushrooms


Directions:

  • Throw the ground beef in a pan with all of the veggies except for the green onions until the ground beef is browned/crumbles and the veggies are softened. Drain and return to the pan.
  • Add all the other ingredients and add Sriracha to taste. Mix well.
  • Spoon mixture into a leaf of lettuce, wrap, and shove in your face. Mmmm mmmm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment