Friday, September 27, 2013

Beef "Stroganoff" Over Broccoli

For some reason, I've recently been on a ground beef kick and have been having horrifying cravings for the Hamburger Helper Stroganoff. When I used to make that, I'd add a ridiculous amount of ground beef and canned mushrooms and it was generally a satisfying, greasy, salty, mushy mess. Needless to say, I'm not about to let these crazy cravings fuck me up! Besides... I think we both know I'd just end up feeling like crap after eating it and basically lie on the couch the rest of the day, watching an inordinate amount of Netflix, wishing I could just rip my stomach out. The point of this long, horribly rambling post is that I made a simple, easy alternative so I could get over my Hamburger Helper craving. And let me tell you... it was the most satisfying thing I've eaten in months.

Ingredients

  • 2 lb. ground beef 
  • 2 bags PictSweet Steamables broccoli 
  • 2 onions, chopped 
  • 2- 4 oz. cans mushrooms, drained & rinsed twice to get rid of all the salt they throw in there
  • 1 block cream cheese, cubed (so it will melt more quickly) 
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (I'd normally make my own, but the key here is simplicity)
Directions:
  • Brown ground beef with chopped onions, then drain & return to pot. 
  • Steam broccoli in microwave to desired crispness
  • Throw brick of cream cheese and can of cream of chicken soup into pot and stir every now and then until the cream cheese is melted. 
  • Add mushrooms and mix well. 
  • Serve the "stroganoff" over the broccoli florets. 
314 calories per serving and 6.1g net carbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment