Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Mexican Casserole

I started couponing this week, so I've got that going for me now. This probably means I'm officially old. Now get off my lawn. This is modified from a Caveman Keto recipe. I prefer a bit more vegetables these days (reminder of my elderly status), so I added more of those. I'm also lazy, so I used a pre-mixed taco seasoning. Merry Christmas!

Ingredients:

  • 2 green bell peppers, chopped
  • 1 white onion, chopped
  • 1/2 jar salsa (I used Newman's Own. It's as close to homemade as you're going to get in a store.)
  • 2 lbs. chicken, cut into chunks
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne seasoning
  • 16 oz sour cream
  • 2 cups Mexican Style shredded cheese
  • 8 tablespoons chives
Directions:
  • Cook the chicken breasts, bell pepper, & onion in a pan with oil of choice. I used coconut oil.
  • Once the chicken is cooked, drain the excess liquid.
  • Add taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, sour cream, & salsa to the cooked chicken breast mixture.
  • Transfer the chicken mix into a casserole dish.
  • Cook for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
  • Remove and cover in cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer. Broil afterward if you like a nice brown crispy cheese crust like I clearly do. 
  • Let cool, cut into 8 pieces, transfer to tupperware and garnish with chives
Serves 8. 328 calories, 13g net carbs, 50g protein, 15g fat per serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment